Connecticut Alcohol-Related Accident Attorney

Dram Shop Liability Lawyer for Drunk Driving Victims in Connecticut

If you were badly hurt or a loved one was killed by a drunk driver, you should know that in addition to the compensation you may be entitled to under a personal injury claim (as in a standard car accident), you may also be entitled to seek punitive damages. This same rule applies to drivers who are impaired by drugs, such as marijuana or even prescription drugs, and who cause injuries to others.

Alcohol-related accidents often involve complex liability. There is the obvious guilty party: The person who chose to drink and get behind the wheel of a car, truck or other vehicle (the crime of DUI or DWI). Less obvious is the person or business that served the alcohol.

The law grants additional options to people who are injured or suffer the loss of a loved one in an alcohol-related accident. Contact us to schedule a free consultation.

Dedication and Experience That Works

At the Law Offices of John J. LaCava, LLC, our attorneys offer families and individuals in Fairfield County more than 25 years of experience with alcohol-related accident cases. We use this experience to identify and pursue all possible sources of recovery for our clients who have suffered as a result of a drunk driver or impaired driver.

Under the theory of dram shop liability, bars, nightclubs, restaurants and other businesses that serve alcohol to people they knew, or reasonably should have known, were impaired may bear legal responsibility to pay damages if that person then goes on to cause an alcohol-related accident. Dram shop liability can apply in auto accident cases. It can also apply in assaults (bar fights) or other alcohol-related accidents, negligence or wrongful acts that result in serious injury or loss of life.

Related Topics:


Helping Put Lives Back Together for More Than 25 years

We can help you, too.

Our main offices are located in Stamford, Connecticut, but you can reach us at any of our three convenient Fairfield County locations by calling 877-293-6717 or by contacting us online with a brief description of your situation. You can speak with a lawyer directly about your alcohol-related accident and injury case. Initial consultations are always provided free of charge and appointments can be made for evenings, weekends and off-site locations.

You will pay no fees or costs unless we recover compensation in your case.