Because experience
really does matter.

Photo of John J. LaCava
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  4.  » Alcohol-Related Accidents

Compensation For A Drunk Driving Accident

If you were badly hurt or a loved one was killed by a drunk driver, you should know that in addition to the compensation you may be entitled to under a personal injury claim (as in a standard car accident), you may also be entitled to seek punitive damages. This same rule applies to drivers who are impaired by drugs such as marijuana or even prescription drugs and cause injuries to others.

Alcohol-related accidents often involve complex liability. There is the obvious guilty party: the person who chose to drink and get behind the wheel of a car, truck or other vehicle (the crime of DUI or DWI). Less obvious is the person or business that served the alcohol.

The law grants additional options to people who are injured or suffer the loss of a loved one in an alcohol-related accident. Contact us to schedule a free consultation.

Does Dram Shop Liability Apply To Your Case?

At the Law Offices of John J. LaCava, LLC, in Stamford, our attorneys offer families and individuals in Fairfield County more than 35 years of experience with alcohol-related accident cases. We use this experience to identify and pursue all possible sources of recovery for our clients who have suffered as a result of a drunk or otherwise impaired driver.

Under the theory of dram shop liability, bars, nightclubs, restaurants and other businesses that served alcohol to people they knew or reasonably should have known were impaired may bear legal responsibility to pay damages if that person then goes on to cause an alcohol-related accident. Dram shop liability can apply in auto accident cases. It can also apply in assaults (bar fights) or other alcohol-related accidents, negligence or wrongful acts that result in serious injury or loss of life.

Get A Strong Attorney On Your Side

Call for a free consultation with an experienced attorney or complete the brief online form.

You will pay no fees or costs unless we recover compensation in your case.