Because experience
really does matter.

Photo of John J. LaCava
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Premises Liability
  6.  » Private Premises Accidents

Accidents On Private Property

Every property owner — public or private — is responsible for maintaining “safe” property conditions and for adequately warning others of existing dangers that have not yet been remedied. When property owners fail to meet this obligation, people can be seriously injured or killed. In private property accident cases, the law says that the owner, the tenant, a caretaker or management company that was “in possession of” the property is liable for damages.

If you have been seriously injured in a private premises accident, seek appropriate medical care, have your injuries evaluated and documented, and contact an attorney who can protect your right to receive compensation.

Who Is Responsible For Your Injury?

At the Law Offices of John J. LaCava, LLC, our premises liability lawyers handle private property accident claims on behalf of people throughout Fairfield County. Examples of the types of private property accident cases we handle include:

Where does compensation in private property cases come from? In private property accident claims, a judgment is usually sought against the homeowner’s insurance carrier or from the homeowner. Infrequently, a third party, such as the manufacturer of a defective staircase, may also be held liable. In any case, hiring an attorney can make certain that all possible sources of compensation are considered.

Our firm also understands that the time immediately following a serious accident is difficult and that many other issues and questions arise, beyond just compensation. What you will find with attorney John LaCava is a friendly and relaxed office environment where the entire staff is helpful and where we do our best to provide you with honest answers and information that will empower you to make good legal decisions concerning your case.

Free Initial Consultation Available

Call our office for a free consultation or reach out with the brief online form.

You will pay no fees or costs unless we recover compensation in your case.