Connecticut Public Property Liability Claims
As is the case with private property accidents, liability for injuries or deaths resulting from public property accidents rests with the owner, tenant or management company that was “in possession of” or responsible for the property’s maintenance and care. Sometimes a city or town or the state is responsible for injuries because a road or sidewalk was dangerous or defective. However, keep in mind that being liable for injuries is not the same as being willing to fairly compensate for them and that hiring a lawyer can improve your chances for a successful outcome.
For answers to your questions about public property liability or about how our experience can help you recover the compensation you deserve, contact an attorney at the Law Offices of John J. LaCava, LLC, for a free consultation and an honest evaluation of your claim.
Where Were You Injured?
Our lawyers handle public property liability claims on behalf of people throughout Fairfield County. Common types of claims involved in our practice include:
- Slip-and-fall accidents (grocery stores, retail outlets, restaurants, bars, sidewalks, etc.)
- Trip-and-fall accidents (sidewalk defects; loose obstructions; architectural, construction, or design flaws, etc.)
- Amusement park accidents
- Recreational accidents
- Injuries and deaths caused by inadequate security (assaults in poorly lit parking lots, broken doors or windows, etc.)
- Retail store accidents (dangerous displays, falling merchandise, etc.)
- Defective roads, sidewalks — Claims against municipalities or government property owners
Our attorneys understand that the time immediately following a serious accident is difficult and that many other issues and questions beyond just compensation arise. What you will find at the Law Offices of John J. LaCava, LLC, is a friendly and relaxed office environment where the entire staff is helpful and where we will do our best to provide you with honest answers and information that will empower you to make good legal decisions concerning your case.
Get The Help You Need
Talk to us in a free initial consultation to understand your legal rights and options. Call our office to arrange a meeting or complete the brief online form.
You will pay no fees unless we recover compensation in your case.